Cookies and Privacy
Cookies help me:
- Make the site work as you'd expect,
- Improve the speed/security of the site,
- Continuously improve the website for you,
- Keep the site maintained efficiently.
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission),
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission),
- Pass data to advertising networks,
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties,
- Pay sales commissions.
You can learn more about all the cookies I use below.
You can also click on the little triangle on the left and use those options to control cookie usage on this site.
More about the Cookies
Website Function Cookies
- Allowing you to add comments to the blog,
- Providing a cache to make the site load quickly,
- a solution to squish link spam.
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Visitor Statistics Cookies
I specifically use:
- Google Analytics
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of mine and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
It may be that you have concerns around cookies relating to so called "spyware" or advertising and tracking. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
If you want to know more about cookies on this site, you can contact me and I will try to explain what all this is about.